Enrolment Years 1-6

Our school can help with your primary school enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year.


How to enrol in primary school

The first step is to contact the school for a discussion or an appointment.


Are your children currently enrolled in a NSW public school, and wishing to change schools?

Contact the school to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork, or any out-of-enrolment area criteria.


Are your children changing from a non-government school?

Contact the school to make an appointment to discuss your child's potential enrolment.


Are you the holder of a temporary visa or visitor visa?

You will first need to apply to enrol by contacting the temporary residents program who will give you forms to bring to the school.




Does your child have a learning difficulty or special need and is applying to enrol in  Kindergarten, or wishing to change from a non-government school?

Please contact your local regional office by phoning 131 536. Their student support team will discuss assessment of your child's needs. Depending on your location and your child's needs, you may have access to regular classes in regular schools, support classes in regular schools, or to a school with specific support services.


Enrolment appointments

For children already enrolled in a NSW public school, we require proof of your child's address (originals of documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill).


If your child has not been previously enrolled in a NSW public school, you will need to bring your child's birth certificate or identity documents, proof of your child's address (originals of documents such as your council rates notice or residential leaseand electricity bill), immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR), and family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).


If your child is not a permanent resident, you will also need to provide passport or travel documents and current and previous visas (if applicable).


It's important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.


Application to enrol form

After your appointment with the school, you may be asked to complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to them. The school will notify you of the result of your application. Please note that this form must be completed in English.



New Lambton Public School

Serving our community since 1880